The high council speaker in church yesterday talked about writing
personal family histories. I have a blog that dates back to 2010
and while it does not have a lot of stories, it does give
something about me and what I posted.
Today I am posting a story that could be considered a part of my
personal family history.
The chorister/music director in our ward moved to Lehi in June.
The bishop released her and sustained a man who is playing the
piano in Priesthood. He is newly married and doesn't have any
kids, so he is about 10 years younger than Adam.
Every Sunday since Kevin was sustained, I have had to play at
least one hymn I didn't know about until I got the program or until
the hymn was announced from the pulpit by the person conducting.
It is over five months now that this has happened. Now I start
worrying on Tuesday or Wednesday what the change in the program
will be. By Sunday I am in a real stress/panic mode.
Yesterday, the Bishop announced the Opening Hymn and I started
playing while he inhaled to take a breath, and then he said and the
Opening Prayer and I had to stop and wait for him to finish.
I would like to blame that mistake onto the panic I feel, due to the
fact that again, the special musical number was switched to a
rest hymn, in the program.
Carolyn, the chorister who moved had arranged special musical
numbers through August. That was the main cause of changed
hymns. Some Sundays the person conducting would announce
the special musical number in the program. Then Kevin would
go talk to them and then they would have to get back up and
announce there would be a rest hymn instead. On these
occasions I heard the name of the hymn at the same time the
congregation did. Carolyn had a nice special musical number
each Sunday, but after she left NONE of them occurred.
I have tried and tried to get this fixed and could never figure
out how. If the special musical number didn't switch to a
rest hymn, then one of the other hymns was different.
On Ward conference with all the stake visitors and stake
president all of the hymns were changed, from the program
and I found out when the Bishop announced them from the pulpit.
None of the hymns matched the theme of the Stake President's talk
of temple. AND KEVIN WAS NOT THERE.
Our bishop has been in five and a half years, and the congregation has
been expecting him to be released for months.
At the end of the meeting, a lady I have never seen before came
up to me and expressed her appreciation of my music and how well
I play the organ. I feel she was close enough to the Lord to answer the
spirit to approach me and thank me for the organ music. I felt Heavenly
Father's love and support as she complemented my organ playing.
This woman, I don't know her name, plays the piano and was in a ward
where they didn't have anyone to play the organ and "they" tried to get
her to playa the organ. I don't know if she tried, but I firmly believe
she is envious of my ability to play the organ and is at least half
way there to being able to play the organ herself and that she was
genuine in her appreciation of MY organ music.
I don't know how this story ends. The Bishop wants me to help
out. He is smart. It is November and probably both the organist
and chorister will be out of town some of the Sundays in December.
There are two organists besides me and the Bishop said that is not too
many. One of the organists was riding a motorcycle without a helmet
and was hit by a car and spent months of 2017 in ICU in a medical induced
coma. The other is a young girl who is pregnant and showing. I don't know
when her due date is. She also is the primary pianist, which will be a major
challenge when she has her baby.
We are using a Google Document and they are NOT supposed to put
my name on the document and I am NOT checking the document
so stay tuned.
Monday, November 13, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment