that "they" were trying to keep President Nelson off the ski slopes so I looked on
the Internet to find he really skis.
The snow this winter has been terrible, so if he skied in 2018, he probably should
have left Utah to find good snow.
With boundless
energy—some say he has never taken a sick day—President Nelson descends the
circular stairway after meeting in the upper room of Salt Lake Temple with
other Church leaders every Thursday.
“I always try to keep
up with him and I can’t do it,” said President Oaks. “I grab hold of the
banister to balance and I skip along as well as I can.”
Elder Holland said
President Nelson bounds “two stairs at a time.”
President Nelson
enjoys gardening, mowing the lawn, or shoveling the sidewalks free of snow;
when he is home he hauls his neighbors’ garbage cans in from the curb.
President Nelson’s
son, Russell Nelson Jr., said his father can still snow ski all day.
Elder W. Craig Zwick,
an emeritus General Authority Seventy, said he has been with President Nelson
on black diamond ski runs, “scared to death for me and for him.”
“The man can ski with
the best of them,” he said.
President Nelson's family skiing.
He hates liver.
Whenever his mother
served it, he waited until she looked away and then stuffed the liver into his
pocket. “This maneuver was a little hard on pockets, but it was, nevertheless,
very successful,” he says (Russell M. Nelson: Father, Surgeon, Apostle
[2003]).
He has 10 kids.
Nine daughters and one
son.
He has perfect pitch.
It’s pretty much a
musical superpower. If you ask him to sing an A on the musical scale, he can do
it without needing to hear it first. In high school and college, President
Nelson sang in choirs and musicals. He also plays the piano and the organ.
He is fluent in
Mandarin.
President Spencer W.
Kimball once had a meeting in which he challenged everyone present to learn
Chinese. President Nelson took on the challenge and became fluent in
Mandarin—no big deal.
He’s in three Marquis
Who’s Who lists.
President Nelson is in
the Who’s Who in the World, Who’s Who in America, and Who’s Who in
Religion—meaning he was important enough to be listed as one of the most
influential people in the world.










No comments:
Post a Comment