Sunday, December 11, 2016

Trinity Chimes

I played Trinity Chimes today in Sacrament Meeting and had
over 20 people tell me it was nice, or they liked the song.  That is
in addition to the speaker AFTER me who said it was a nice song.
I had FIVE people tell me it was nice on my way back to my
seat.  Then SIX ladies on the row in front of me told me
they liked it.  One of those ladies told me again before the
end of the meeting.

I have played this several times in this very same ward since
2007.  That is NINE years.  I have not played it every year,
but this ward in the past has NOT liked it that much.

I think I may have played it better than I have ever played
it before, including the recordings I made of it.  It was
kind of exhilarating to reach the end of a chime section
with the pedal down and not have any errors.

Daddy came home and looked on You Tube and found player
piano rolls with the same Trinity Chimes I play on the roll.

I play the chime section in the rhythm of the hymn and it
is written in a even rhythm, so in my opinion my arrangement
is better, but we were both surprised to find the exact
arrangement in a roll for a player piano.

I am going to play it again next Sunday Night.  Our stake
has a music fireside for Christmas and it is next week.
The congregation sings hymns and there are special
musical numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment