Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I got TWO tickets to Donald Trump's Inauguration Jan. 20

I think this is the first time I have ever tried to get tickets
to an inauguration and I actually got two tickets.

I wonder if they have enough tickets for everyone on
their list since I got tickets.

Here is a copy of the email they sent me.  Look at the
hassle just to pick up the tickets in DC on Jan. 18 or 19th.

+ then you have to be outside in the cold for at least 3 hours.


Congressman Jason Chaffetz
2236 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515

December 12, 2016 
Peggy Burdett 


Dear Peggy, 

I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a ticket recipient for the 58th Presidential Inauguration on Friday, January 20, 2017. Your two tickets will be distributed on January 18th (9am to 4pm) and January 19th (9am to 4pm) in 2236 Rayburn House Office Building. Please bring a photo ID to present at pickup. 

Due to security and street closings, we encourage you to use Metro rail to pick up your tickets since there will be no public parking near the Capitol grounds. When you come to pick up your tickets, be aware that you will need to pass through security. We expect long lines to get into the building as every other congressional office will also be distributing tickets on these days.    

Please bear in mind that the event is historically cold and wet. Due to large crowds, you will likely be outside in the cold for at least three hours. Dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes.  Everyone is encouraged to arrive very early as the ceremony begins at 11:30 am. Again, please expect long lines to pass through security. Make sure you bring your ticket and photo ID and check the list of prohibited items ahead of time. You may wish to bring your own bottled water.  

You are also invited to join the Utah Congressional Delegation Open House sponsored by Congressmen Jason Chaffetz, Rob Bishop, Chris Stewart and Congresswoman Mia Love, to celebrate the Presidential Inauguration on January 19th from 2:00-4:00pm in 2157 Rayburn House Office Building. Please RSVP to paul.johnson@mail.house.gov by December 19 if you will be attending the open house.

If you have any questions of concerns, please contact Paul Johnson, at paul.johnson@mail.house.gov.

Looking forward to having you in the nation's capital,

Jason Chaffetz
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment