Inauguration last week. I gave the two tickets from Jason Chaffetz
office away the week before I was given Mike Lee's tickets.
This is the first time I have ever applied for Inauguration
tickets and I got tickets from BOTH Congressmen that I
put my name on a list for.
I find this interesting, especially due to the fact the demand is
so great. See the link below. "Utah's congressional delegation is
being inundated with requests for tickets to the Jan. 20 inauguration
— adding up to hundreds more requests than there are tickets available."
I know Nancy Lord. She used to be the Republican National
Committee member from Utah. They attend the National Republican
Meetings representing Utah. There are two people elected
from Utah to do that. At any rate Nancy bought airfare
and Hotel reservations to go to the Republican National
Committee Meeting the week of the inauguration and wanted
ONE ticket to go to the Inauguration. I gave the OTHER
ticket back to Jason's Office.
Thank you for submitting
your request to attend the 2017 Presidential Inauguration. Our office received
hundreds of requests for tickets. The Joint Congressional Committee on
Inaugural Ceremonies provided each congressional office with a select number of
tickets to distribute to our constituents. We appreciate your patience as we
collected names of those that were interested in attending the event. The
raffle has been completed and names have been selected.
If you are receiving this
your name has been selected to receive four tickets for the 2017
Presidential Inauguration. Your tickets are located in the Mall Standing
Area.
Tickets will be available
for pick-up between January 17 – 19 in our office in the Russell
Senate building room 361A. Our office will NOT be able to mail out the tickets. Please
contact our office by December 28 to confirm your acceptance of the tickets. If
we have not heard from you by the 28 we will assume you decline by
default. We are unable to accommodate any duplicate requests for tickets
within families or groups. Our goal is to allow as many individuals attend the
inauguration as possible.
Opening gate times will be
announced in January. A musical prelude begins at 10:30 a.m. Due to large
crowds, everyone is encouraged to arrive early to ensure they will be seated by
the time the ceremony begins at 11:30 a.m.
All ticket holders will be
entering through a security screening. Due to security and street closings all
constituents are strongly encouraged to use Metro rail. There will be no public
parking near the Capitol grounds. This event is historically cold and wet. The
crowds will be very large and guests will likely be outside in the cold for at
least three hours.
If you have any further
questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Congratulations again on
receiving tickets to this historic inauguration.
Best regards,
Kelsey Call
Staff Assistant/Intern
Coordinator
o: 202-224-0498
c: 801-510-5398
U.S. Senator Mike Lee
(R-Utah)






No comments:
Post a Comment