Monday, December 31, 2018

It is Christmas Break from Schools.

I played the organ for only the second time since October on Dec. 30, 2018.
(Due to my hysterectomy surgery)

When I got to the church at about 10:40 a.m., our Sacrament starts at
11:00 a.m., the ward that meets at 9:00 a.m. had closed the curtain
into the overflow and cultural hall and were holding a Sunday School
Class in the Cultural hall.

Our ward has filled EVERY chair in the cultural hall for the last
two weeks.  Dec. 30 had a missionary speak, going into the MTC on Jan. 2,
going to Paris.

Remember this is the LAST THREE hour block.

At 10:55, FIVE minutes before our Sacrament Meeting should have
started, someone opened the overflow curtains.  It appeared the other
ward had put everyone in the ward in that Cultural Hall Sunday Class.
Some of them stood up and scrambled out fast, appearing to be
embarrassed.  While others just stood there like they owned the place
and we could forget holding a Sacrament Meeting until they were done.

As the curtains opened, I noticed that there was NO Sacrament on the
Sacrament table.  I came in past the sacrament closet and no one was
working on it at the time I came in.

The first water trays arrived at 11:00, but there were only three.  By the
time we should have started, some of the other ward had left the cultural
hall and some of the people who were sitting in the chapel had moved
to the cultural hall.

We started at 11:05, five minutes late, with the sacrament still not done.
The lone Priest who had done the Sacrament table all alone, was still working
on putting bread on the trays when we started.  By 11:10 another priest
finally got to church and came up to help finish and cover the Sacrament
with the cloth.

The previous Bishop and one of his counselors passed the Sacrament
with two other adults.  They made a big mess of distributing the gluten free
sacrament to the several people in our ward that get what they bring.

Then the meeting went over about seven minutes.

I LIVE IN OREM UTAH.  This is the Cherry Hill 9th Ward in the Cherry Hill
Stake.  The way I calculate it, the same ward that ruined out start today
will be meeting BEFORE us in 2019.  We go from 11:00 to what would be
1:00, but will now be 12:00 with the two hour change.

The ward that met at 9:00 will be just before us.  I wonder what time they
start. . . . . .

I should note there were two speakers, the missionary leaving and his father.
The missionary spoke for 25 minutes on studying to feel the spirit, and his
Father spoke on the new study at home program set up by the church.
This family started working on this in October, and he detailed the
study program.  Their first meeting, the only thing they did was finally
agree on a time to meet on Sunday, which they have been using every since.

The talks were excellent, with an outstanding preface to everyone in the
ward meeting to study scriptures next Sunday.  The father pointed out that
the women want the men to lead the way, in setting up the time and getting
everyone together and leading the agenda, but they will support and help
and even SHARE the responsibilities as they work on this as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment