FLU 2019
The 2019 Influenza has been terrible in Utah. Last week the news
published that the third child had died in Utah in this year's flu season.
There were no influenza deaths reported last year in Utah.
Nathan may have been first being sick, but he lives in Salt Lake
and we didn't see him. I think McKay spent a few days with the
viral flu as well.
Noah came home from school sick on Jan 25, and within about three
to four days everyone was sick except Mary. Mark was the only one
to go in and be tested for Influenza (nose swab) and he was positive
for Influenza A. They thought Mark had a bacterial infection, as well, but
were unable to identify the source.
A couple of days later, Adam had strep throat and Anthony had a bacterial
ear infection.
I got sick as well. My immune system was compromised from my hysterectomy
surgery and subsequent significant increase in my blood pressure.
I was not as sick as some, but did get sick and had antibiotics twice.
Adam had blood work that showed high liver enzymes and is still trying
to figure that out. Adam took antibiotics for 10 days and still had
strep throat. All of his kids caught the strep infection 10 days after
Adam started with it.
At any rate, as I looked at this blog and found I hadn't posted anything in
three months- it is an indication of how sick I-everyone has been.
It is March 20 and they are still giving flu shots to everyone who
goes into the Pediatrician where Adam takes his kids, saying the
Influenza season won't break until at least May.
Friday, March 15, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment