Saturday, March 25, 2017

Adam mentioned in Phil Windley's blog



Adam Burdett has redone the closet demo we showed at OpenWest last summer using the new engine running on a Raspberry Pi. One of the things I didn't like about using the classic pico engine in this scenario was that it made the solution overly reliant on a cloud-based system (the pico engine) and consequently was not robust under network partitioning. If the goal is to keep my machines cool, I don't want them overheating because my network was down. Now the closet controller can run locally with minimal reliance on the wider Internet.



Phil Windley blog 2016 Open West

Up Next

I've hired two new students, Joshua Olson and Connor Grimm, to join Adam Burdett and Nick Angell in my lab. We're planning to spend the summer getting Manifold, our pico-based Internet of Things platform, running on the new engine. This will provide a good opportunity to improve the new pico engine and give us a good IoT system for future experiments, supporting our idea around social things.

No comments:

Post a Comment