Tuesday, February 20, 2018

BEFORE YOU MAJOR IN COMPUTER SCIENCE. . . . .

Evidently to get a job programming in computer science you have
to pass programming tests.

Adam's first experience with this was when he interviewed for a
job as a Teaching Assistant for a CS class he had just taken.

Instead of an interview, "they" gave him a programming
assignment and WATCHED him do it.  Adam got the job because
he did something they had not been taught in that class.
The person watching him asked how he knew that and then hired him.
I think it was easier to get subsequent TA jobs at BYU once he had
the first one.

Adam went to a career fair and one of the company's he talked to
emailed him to do a programming test.

Adam took the 90 minute Digis programming test yesterday.

It was an interesting experience that I can't explain.  If you want
details text or call Adam.

If you type in Digis on Google Images, there are lots of girls in bathing
suits and cartoon drawings.  I wonder why.  Adam thinks Digis
is located in Lindon, Utah.


No comments:

Post a Comment