Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Philadelphia September 30, 2017 Reading Terminal Market

Craig and Elaine like to go to Reading Terminal in downtown Philadelphia.
It is an indoor food market, with mostly prepared food.  It is crowded
and wall to wall people.  I don't know how they got a table big enough
for all of us.  We all got food from different vendors.  There were
Chinese, burgers, sandwiches, candy, deli, fish market, meat market,
doughnuts, drinks and chicken and much, much more.

I got a hot turkey sandwich that was really good.  The place also had
the hot turkey with sides, like potatoes, gravy, cranberry and or salad.
I am still craving the potatoes and gravy and salad, but the sandwich
was really good.  Daddy got Chinese  with Uncle Ben rice
and said it wasn't any good and
I could have it, and in the end he ate the vegetables on top of the rice,
which weren't good either, he said.




Movies have been filmed in Philadelphia.  Some of the movies filmed in
 Reading Terminal Market
include:

National Treasure 2004 (chase scene through

 Reading Terminal Market)
1985 Witness
1981 Blow Out, Brian De Palma film
1995 Twelve Monkeys 
(Reading Terminal provided the backdrop for the airport scene)

This photo looks like the place, especially the crowds of people that Daddy didn't like.

They have an Amish Doughnut place and the doughnuts are really good.
I bought Amish English toffee and got 1/2 pound for $7.50.  It was the 
thinnest English toffee I have ever tasted and really good.

THESE ARE IMAGES ON GOOGLE THAT ARE REALLY ACCURATE
EXCEPT THEY MUST HAVE BEEN TAKEN WHILE IT WAS CLOSED.












No comments:

Post a Comment