I can get to post here. I am not friends with her.
Lindsey Krey is about the same age as Susan. Her mother (Sister Passout)
died in 2001. So Lindsey's mother has been gone for about 15 years
and now her Dad is also gone.
I ran into Lindsey at the Rec Center. She was on a bike thing. I asked about
her dad and all she could say was he Passed. She is still to upset to talk about it.
Obituary for Ernest Lindsey
Krey, Jr.
Written by his Daughter:
When my Dad was young he
was really into music in High School; he played every instrument. His favorite
instruments were the woodwinds for sure. He played professionally and even
worked for a record company. After High school he was drafted into the Army and
fought in the Vietnam War, and served in the National Guard as well. When he
was discharged from the Army he went to study Criminology at Cal State Long
Beach and received his Master’s. He used his degree to help juveniles in dire
ways for the County of Orange for many years at Los Pinos Camp.
During his studies he met
my mother Cynthia Krey (Shiffer) at church where he was receiving the teaching
of the LDS. She attended his baptism and they started dating. After a quick
courtship they were married in February of 1980. The following year I came
around (Lindsey Krey) their only child. When I was two, Ernest’s Father (Ernest
Linford Krey Sr) gave his home to my father to raise his family, and we all
moved to Fallbrook, California.
In about 1992 my father began
studying Social Work and earned his second Masters from San Diego State
University. His area of focus was helping the mentally handicapped. He always
had a special way with them, and they always loved him. In 1997 he took a
social work position with the State of Utah, and that is what brought him and
his family here. He worked for the State for a few years before he took a
position with Utah Valley State College where he worked with continuing
education students and elder quest.
He was widowed in 2001 when
Cynthia died due to complications of Lupus. He retired a few years later when
he was diagnosed with cancer. He did not let the Cancer hold him back, once he
was well enough he got to walk me down the aisle when I married my husband
(Adam Smith).
He always wanted to keep
busy, so recently he started volunteering for the Red Cross. He would also join
me on my many adventures and trips. These final years were my favorite because
we got to spend so much time together. We had a weekly date we never missed.
In conclusion:
As a father he was the best
any kid could have. He always supported my many activates full force: Horses,
Girl Scouts, Barbie’s, etc. He was always understanding, patient, and never
judged me. I knew I could always count on him to have my back. He
was my best friend. There are no words to express how he will be missed.
He is survived by his
daughter, Lindsey Krey Smith and her family; sister, Jean Young and her family;
sister-in-law, Sandra Reyes and her family and all his friends in Provo and
Fallbrook.
Love You Dad








No comments:
Post a Comment