We stayed at the Virgin River Hotel and Casino in
Mesquite on November 7. The place was
packed and the rooms are terrible.
They are small, really small "old" televisions,
with no amenities. Mark said the room was crappy
because we got a "no smoking"
room and "they" know people who don't smoke don't gamble.
We paid $60.00. It was cheaper the day before I made the reservation.
I think I made the reservation on November 6. Prime rib was $6.99.
I liked it, Daddy wanted his cooked different.(seasoning, not doneness.
they got that right)
On the way back I used Expedia to make a reservation
at El Cortez Hotel on Fremont street in downtown Las Vegas.
The room was $25.00 on Expedia. The Internet said $18.00
on Expedia but I couldn't make the reservation online and
had to call Expedia.
With Expedia there are extra undetermined charges and
I don't plan to use Expedia in the future. I will first look on
Expedia for the best rates and then try to call the Hotel
and make my own reservation.
The extra charges were only $10.00 so the room was $35.00.
It was a nice LARGE "no smoking" room with a large walk in closet.
It had gold fixtures in the bathroom. The television was old,
but larger than the one in Mesquite. The problem was the location,
downtown is not the place to be in Vegas. Also the smell of smoke was
so bad, everything we took in the room smells terrible, including bags
and my bi-pap stuff and all night we could hear music from the casino.
But it was ONLY $35.00. Restaurant had prime rib for $10.00. We both
had that and liked it.
This was exactly what our bathroom looked like. Maybe a little larger. Notice glass shower doors.
You could see this slipper from the elevator to the parking
tower. It was always lit up.










No comments:
Post a Comment