Saturday, July 6, 2013

ACTING PARTY WHIP


DEFINITION OF Party Whip:  Noun 1-party whip- a legislator appointed by the party to enforce discipline.

-------- Original message --------
From: Daryl Acumen <FireObama@AllCosts.com>
Date: 06/28/2013 8:19 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: lisamshepherd <lisamshepherd@Gmail.com>,Julie Blaney <blaneyjulie@hotmail.com>,Petty Barbara <laddap@netzero.net>,Cory Maloy <acory@mac.com>,Ben Summerhalder <benutahgop@aol.com>,Oscar Mink <oscar.mink@gmail.com>,shayne pierce <shayne.pierce@gmail.com>,Donna Burnham <dburnham@gmail.com>,Kristen Chevrier <politicalmommy@gmail.com>,Williamson Heather <williamson.heather@ymail.com>,Peggy Burdett <2010.delegate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: URGENT No quorum for EC meeting


Executive Committee Members and friends of the party;

I wanted to take a moment first thing this morning to personally thank all of you for making the extra effort to show up for our relocated EC meeting last night.  I know it was a hassle and that that there was some confusion about whether we were even going to have a meeting, but I thought last night's meeting was an important one.

I especially want to thank Peggy Burdett who acted as our 'Party Whip' past night calling Leg. Chairs and keeping track of the number needed to reach a quorum, and Ben Summerhalder for dragging himself out of the house in a weakened state just to make sure we had enough heads to reach our target.

I think the rest of out party can learn a lot from your commitment to conservatism and service.  I can't tell you how proud I am to be able to say that I serve beside each of you!

Sincerely,

Daryl Acumen
Vice Chairman
Utah County GOP

No comments:

Post a Comment